Thursday, December 31, 2009

To-Do List for January

What have I done so far to prepare for his arrival in January:

1) Got a 30 sq. meter place which would cost us a monthly rent of about $180. The condo complex has security and a small gym, and a small path which would be good for our daily walks. The place is just a 10 minute cab ride to my place of work;

2) Found a doctor to prescribe his BP medicines (the same doctor who prescribes my mother's "heart" medicines). Found a doctor to treat his adult ADD. Both doctors are just a 10 to 15 minute cab ride to our place;

3) Got the basic appliances we need for our place (a ref, gas range and aircondition); and

4) Figured out what type of visa (13 A)he needs to stay here.

What I haven't done so far:

1) Figure out how his monthly pension will be sent to the Philippines (we will do this together when he gets here, although we are in the process of figuring it out);

2) Figure out what to do with our pending spouse visa application (we will decide that together when he gets here);

3) Finished packing. I am moving out of Mommy's house to live with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment