Friday, January 22, 2010

Not Leaving on a Jet Plane

If there is anyone sad about my leaving the house, it is certainly my mom. Having lived here for 16 years and spending 5 years of it sleeping next to my mom, I can understand why she feels such sadness. But she knew it was coming -- after 8 years of an internet relationship with my Asawa, 3 years of which we were already married. But inspite the amount of preparation, there is still this gloom in her countenance.

Still she should be happy. My husband and I will be visiting her at least once a month, if not more. And she will most certainly be staying at our place when she has to visit the doctor for her check-ups. At this moment my husband and I just need some time to settle down in our new home.

I guess constant visits to her in the future will remind her that we are not oceans apart... just the EDSA-stretch apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment