Thursday, September 2, 2010

Still in the Rat Race

Unlike most Amerasian couple living in the Philippines, ours is a different set-up in that I am still working and my husband is retired. Although I am less busy now than I was three years ago when I headed the legal division of the Regional Office (NCR) of a quasi-judicial agency, lately my life has gotten busy again. My work load consists of three types: case-related reviews, pleadings before appellate courts and rendering legal opinions on both internal and external issues to the office. My office now is closely connected to the head of our agency and consequently if my boss has more problem, I have more problem.

Also, our office has been understaffed by two lawyers: one is on her 6-month leave due to her pregnancy, and another is, well let's just say she is indisposed. :p So the lawyers who are present really gets loaded up with more work.

On the other hand, when I am at home I multi-task. I do the laundry while I clean the house, or clean the house while I do some research on the internet, and on the side I sit beside my husband on the bed. I guess you can say I do not sit still very well.

Like most working wife (to some mother), I feel guilty leaving my husband at home. Moreover, I feel guilty I can't always take him to different places apart from the nearby mall. This weekend, his birthday, we are thinking of having a Manila tour so that I can introduce Manila to my husband.

I wish sometimes I can spend more time with him than I am able. But until I get out of this rat race, I will have to grit my teeth and hope I can finish all my work.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You certainly do have a busy life! I love visiting Manila. My wife has so many relatives there. I'm sure your husband will enjoy his Manila tour.

    ReplyDelete