Thursday, March 3, 2011

Re-focussing my Lenses

I am back after a long hiatus brought about by a mixture of general busyness and just a need to re-evaluate the purpose of this blog for me.  As most everyone who has the opportunity to read my blog knows, I am a working woman.  Although I do not have children, I nonetheless have other responsibilities on the homefront, like caring not only for my husband, but likewise for my 75-year old mother whose responsibility of care I share with my brother.  So on weekends, I divide my time between them (my mother and brother) and my husband.  On top of that, I do bring home work occasionally so that is an additional demand upon my time.  Needless to say, I am busy.

On the other hand, in the times where I do not have either of the above to think about, I feel a little aversion to doing anything which requires deep thinking (like research and writing of a nature I do at work).  Simply put, I have a slight aversion to writing about anything "legal" or researching on anything legal, since I spend 40 hours of my week doing just that.  Nonetheless, I do love to write and have some other blog which is wholly personal.  This one is a mixture of it, but honestly this one is more "objective" if you can call that.

But rest assured, I will still write something that hopefully will be of some value to someone wanting to move to the Philippines.  I will resist the inertia and come-up with something worthwhile.  You will have to forgive me though, because honestly the one reason it takes me awhile to even write is because I am cautious about putting-out any "legal" or even "factual".  My job at the Office is exactly that and ever since I realized that anything I say is seriously taken into consideration and becomes a basis for legal action/policy it makes me more... well, a little "crazy". I get more "detail-oriented" and fuss over every small thing. Well, my husband would say it's more my predisposition to being a control freak.

Anyway, I am rambling... Thanks for those who read my blog. :) I appreciate it.  I am sorry I was gone for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, no need to apologize, I don't even have a regular job and I can't find the time to properly care for and feed a blog at times.

    And boy do I hear you about the 'take care in giving advice' area. (and I do appreciate that you have helped me clear up some out and out errors, plus amplified my learning a bit, thank you).

    In fact, I just received a very knotty question this morning from yet another reader who has tied their life into knots and now wonders how it can be untangled. Don't people know that I can't even undo the knots in supermarket bags when I get home from the store ... I have to keep scissors at hand or else rip each one open.

    Seriously considering just deleting a few posts of mine and closing the comments on some others ... becuase sometimes these folks have such a made such a mess that they don't need an attorney, they need a priest(and perhaps an imam, a rabbi and Bo Sanchez all teamed up ... plus exceedingly good fortune as well).

    Don't worry, it's alright, just write when the time is right, alright? (crazy language this English language, diba? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I just hate being compelled to write. :p I already have enough of that at the office and over all I just abhor feeling like "I have to write".

    I want to re-organize my blog someday (as if I already have alot in it). LOL! Just to segregate the "rant" from the information.

    ReplyDelete